6 carrots, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
10 oz can pineapple tidbits, reserve juice
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 cup water
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
- To prepare sauce, combine juice from pineapple, water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Mix well with a wire whisk and bring sauce to a boil. Set aside.
- Cook carrots with a little water in covered skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and more water as needed. Cook uncovered 2 minutes.
- Add green peppers and sweet and sour sauce. Cook uncovered 1 minute.
- Add drained pineapple and slivered almonds. Heat to cook through.
Serve over brown rice.