1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
4-oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
2 cups gf all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice
- In a heavy-duty mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Whisk together flour mix, sugar, baking powder, and lemon peel. Beat 1 cup of flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat in remaining 1 cup of flour mixture.
- Cover and chill dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Divide dough in half. On a well-floured (rice flour) surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4 inch thick or thinner (keep remaining dough refrigerated).
- Using a 2″ inch cookie cutter, cut dough into circles. Using a small heart-shape cutter, cut out centers from half of the cookies. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Do not over bake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on cutout cookies. Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry jam on each of the solid cookies; top each one with a cutout cookie.