2/3 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups gluten-free flour blend
2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa and sugar with a wire whip until thoroughly mixed. Stir in rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly. Add oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl. Stir with a large spoon until well combined. Spread into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup nuts over batter (or 1/2 cup nuts over half the pan and leave the other half without for those who don’t want nuts).
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. When cool cut into squares.