1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat an inch or more of oil to 375 degrees in a large frying pan or saucepan.
- Mix flour blend, sugar, baking powder, xanthan, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix egg, milk substitute, oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a fork just until moist.
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface and cut holes using the lid from the vegetable oil container. Or, if you have a cookie/ice cream scoop, this works very well for making donut holes.
- Fry dough 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Roll warm donut holes in a bowl of cinnamon sugar or frost tops with chocolate frosting.
Makes 24 donut holes.