3/4 cup butter-flavored Crisco
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups bean or rice flour blend
1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream together Crisco and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add flour, xanthan gum, soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonful’s ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheet onto a wire rack or on paper towels to cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars: Press cookie dough into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.