1/4 cup cornstarch
3 cups gluten-free beef broth
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 tsp dry minced onion
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups milk
1 pound uncooked chicken breast strips
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- In a large saucepan, whisk broth and cornstarch till well blended.
- Add butter, onion, salt and pepper. Heat to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in milk.
- Pour sauce in a 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Stir in rice and place chicken on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with paprika for added color, if desired.