4 chicken breast halves, cut in bite size pieces, cooked (2 to 3 cups)
3 to 4 cups fresh broccoli spears, cooked and drained or 1 (24-oz) pkg. frozen broccoli
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups hot cooked rice
1-1/2 cups water or milk
3 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp gluten-free chicken bouillon
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp curry powder (optional)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In 2-quart casserole dish spread a layer of cooked and drained broccoli spears. Add a layer of cooked chicken pieces.
- For sauce, in saucepan whisk water or milk, and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add butter, chicken base, onion powder, and curry powder; cook and stir until thickened. Add mayonnaise and whisk until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and cubed chicken in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Or microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.