Gluten Intolerance Group of Southcentral PA
Branch Leadership Team
Linda Weller: Branch Manager
Meetings and Events
Gluten Free Food Co-Op
Deadline to order: Friday, May 10th
Delivery: Friday, May 17th (Pick up is OUTSIDE of the Mohler Center, in the PARKING LOT. We will call you 30 minutes prior to delivery and please be punctual for pickup. Delivery is anytime late morning to early afternoon.)
Steps to follow to place an order through the Food Co-Op:
1) Check out the Gluten Free items available from Garden Spot Distributors by going to their website – www.gardenspotdist.com. Click on "Products" on the left column of the Garden Spot Distributors webpage.
2) The price list and monthly specials will be emailed to all members prior to the 10th. Remember that a small change in price could occur from the time ordered and the actual delivery date.
3) You may place an order at the upcoming meeting or download the order form from this website. (see below). Mail your order form to Juanita Julian (1468 Park Lane, Harrisburg, PA 17112) with your check made payable to “GIG of Southcentral PA” to arrive no later than the above listed deadline.
4) In order to place an order with Garden Spot, we will need to receive a grand total of $400 in orders and payments by the deadline.
5) Due to possible unavailable items or small price changes, please bring a blank check or cash along on delivery day.
6) Additional questions, call Juanita at 717-571-5892. If you would like to receive the monthly specials and price list, please email: SouthcentralPA@gluten.net.
GLUTEN INTOLERNACE 101 CLASS
Date: Monday, June 3, 2013
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Location: See Details Below
Pre-Registration Is Required.
Deadline to register is Tuesday, May 28 (Maximum for the class is 16 participants.)
We will begin with a “Gluten Free Tasting and Tour” at 6:00 p.m. at the Karn’s Market Lobby, 731 Cherry Drive, Hershey. This portion of the class will cover label reading and shopping for nutritious, gluten free foods.
We will complete the class across the street at the Mohler Senior Center, 25 Hope Drive, Bldg. 35, Hershey, for additional and important details in following a gluten free lifestyle.
This class is specifically designed for those newly diagnosed with celiac disease, wheat allergy, or non celiac-gluten intolerance and for those just looking for updated educational information. During the class, the latest Gluten Intolerance Group of North America educational information about gluten intolerance and adhering to the gluten free diet will be shared in a small group format. The Branch Manager, Linda Weller, will facilitate the program. A $2 cover charge will be accepted at the Mohler Center.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Mohler Senior Center
25 Hope Dr., Bldg. 35, Hershey, PA
Bring your shopping bag!! We will begin the evening shopping with our gluten- free vendors from 6:00-6:40.
Next we will break into three large circles for the popular Roundtable Discussion. We will have 30 minute discussions with a facilitator on each of the following three topics:
1) Multiple food allergies with gluten intolerance and food substitutions, and sharing of your favorite recipes, cookbooks and websites. [TO MAKE THIS SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED TO BRING ALONG COPIES OF YOUR RECIPES AND SUGGESTIONS TO SHARE.]
2) Problem areas with the GF diet – at work, traveling, restaurants, family gatherings, school, etc.
3) Family focus, social ramifications and especially for teens, orthorexia (fear of eating), emotional and mental health including dealing with depression.
Pre-registration is requested. Call 717-520-9817.