University of Chicago Ceilac Disease Center | Feb 06, 2013
The meeting will have two educational tracks:
The Scientific Forum is designed for those in active research roles in the area of celiac disease and gluten-related disorders, including Scientists, Physician Scientists, Researchers, Fellows and other investigators. This is a forum for these investigators to debate and discuss new theories and data on topics selected by the Scientific Committee. These experts will present, debate and challenge the latest findings to help further the research process.
Scientific Program will have three keynote sessions:*
- System Biology and Functional Genomic Approach
- Exploring the Human Microbiota
- The History of Human Strain
Scientific debate and discussion will include:*
- Microbes and Celiac
- Diagnosing Celiac Disease in 2013
- Non-Responsive Celiac Disease
- Potential Celiac
- Gluten Sensitivity
- Clinical Issues
- New Treatments
The Clinical Forum is designed for clinicians, such as Physicians, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and those living with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity. This forum will allow participants to learn about the latest research and scientific advances from the world's leading experts--the very same experts who will be presenting in the Scientific Forum. The information presented will be relevant for practical application to those living with the disease or condition, and sessions will allow ample time for questions, answers and interactive discussion.
Clinical Program Sessions will include:*
- Celiac Disease Today: An Overview
- Diagnosing Celiac Disease in 2013: Serology, Diagnostics and Biopsy
- The Gluten-Free Diet Today and Tomorrow: Nutrition and Probiotics
- Treatments in Celiac Disease Today and Tomorrow: A Round Table
- Debunking Myths--And Plenty of Them!
- Psychology of Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: All You Need to Know
- Public Policy: Insurance, Schools, Labeling, Restaurants, Accreditation and Certification
- Celiac Disease In Emerging Countries: What Are The Problems?
- The Genes of Celiac: How to Use Them and How to Interpret Them
- Melting the Iceberg: Potential, Latent, Silent: To Treat or Not to Treat?
- Celiac Not Improving on a Gluten-Free Diet: What's Wrong?
*Subject to change
would you like more information?
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website for the International Celiac Disease Symposium 2013.